Gateau Aux Pommes (A Soothing Apple Cake)


Gateaux aux pommes


How was your Thanksgiving and black Friday...? Happy Cyber Monday :-)

After a silence, I'm back to my little world of blogging.......I feel grateful that many of you have asked why am I in the sleep mode so this made me to believe that I also exist in this little blog world.

apple cake recipe


In the past two and half month episode of silence, I was having the peak of the semester so got busy in my job. Another grounds for my offline was that I reached US recently and likes to spend a few months here. So needed some time to make everything on the right way. I took a short vacation from my workplace. Indeed I'm in a holiday mood...........So I'm expecting myself to try some newer and newer stuffs for you in this Christmas season.......

apple cake recipe


Anish and me loves apples very much. He bought it from Costco, so got a big packet of it. Too much apples in kitchen counter made me to execute something with these apples. Again my baking mania came into action.......I'm not at all familiar with the oven settings here. By Gods grace, by hook or by crook I managed it. This exciting recipe comes from Deeba's blog and a word of thanks for you.

apple cake recipe


The cake has two layers.....the topmost layer is having a pudding texture which is super moist and the bottom is firm.

apple cake recipe



Ingredients:

For the cake base:

1/4 Cup of low fat cream (I used light sour cream)
One cup of all purpose flour
1/4 Cup of corn starch
1/2 Cup of medium fat milk
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 Cup of powdered sugar
1/3 Cup of oil (Canola oil or sunflower oil)
1 large egg
Peeled and thinly sliced apples - 2 No
A pinch of salt
One teaspoon pure vanilla extract

For Topping:

One large egg
5 1/2 tablespoon or 80 grams of unsalted butter at room temperature
One cup of powdered sugar
One teaspoon of vanilla extract

Method:

Cake base:

Preheat your oven to 356oF/180oC and butter a 9 inch round cake tin.

Sift together all the dry ingredients - flour, corn starch, sugar, salt and baking powder and whisk it well in a large bowl.

In another large bowl, beat the egg well. Then add the low fat cream, milk,  vanilla extract and oil step by step, whisking well after each addition.

Now put the dry ingredients to the wet mixture in three four additions, gently folding after each addition. Ensure that the dry and wet are fully incorporated.

Transfer the batter into the prepared cake tins and arrange the apple slices in a circular pattern (You can do it in your own pattern :-) but make certain that apple slices are uniformly distributed).

Bake for 10 minutes and meanwhile prepare the topping

Topping

Beat the butter and sugar until smooth. Add vanilla extract, egg and beat again.

Keeping the oven on, take the baked cake and spread the creamy topping over it and return to oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or more till a toothpick or knife inserted comes out clean.

apple cake recipe

apple cake recipe


I decorated with almond flakes but will be fine with the decorations with whipping cream.

Apple cake recipe


Rydhi is a big fan of grapes and not apples. But when it turned to be a cake, she was happy and had it.

The entire cake has been finished so quickly.....very soothing experience in your mouth. So if you love apples and cake, please  do not wait for long.........just take a note and try it out and experience it :-) :-)

Apple cake with almond topping recipe



Labels: , , , , , , , ,