Roasted grape tomato and baby potato salad



Remya's Baking


Hello...how are u all? Hope u all had a wonderful Onam. Here I can spot the autumn, just knocking at the door.....I can see a marriage between warm and cool. I could feel the cheering effect of both.  For me, the month of August was very static and least charged to write since I loved more to enjoy with my sweeties. This salad has been made three months back with chicken pasta. Perhaps this was my first attempt to use oven for salad.

Remya's Baking


This is my first post on the type - salads. This can also be done with barbecue chicken or any such kinda ones. I made it a little hot as we have some affinity for spiciness in salads. 

Ingredients:

Four cups of grape tomatoes
5 peeled garlic cloves
One head of butter lettuce
One small bunch of spinach leaves 
Three baby potatoes (peeled and cut into round shape)
Four tablespoons of extra virgin Olive oil
One teaspoon of ground black pepper
Dried chili flakes (optional and add as per your requirement)
Salt to taste

Remya's Baking


Method:

Preheat your oven to 400oF and in a baking dish, add the grape tomatoes, baby potato pieces, garlic and coat them well with olive oil,  black pepper, dried red chili (if using) and sprinkle  with salt.

Roast for 20 minutes and then stir with tongs. Continue roasting for another 25 to 30 minutes. The liquid in the dish will be thickened when ready. 

Take the roasted mixture from the oven. Place the lettuce (chopped) and spinach leaves on the salad plate.

Put the roasted items over it and serve.

Remya's Baking


Remya's Baking


I made the oven roasted grape tomato baby potato salad as a part of  experimentation with flavors..........Thank Lord! my better half liked this though he is not a veggie lover..... :-) 

Remya's Baking




Labels: , , , ,