A Two Tiered Birthday Cake






A big Hi to all of you.... Today, I'm very excited to share a birthday cake to my dearest friend  and my colleague's daughter, Elsa mol. Elsa's  mother, Luxy Ma'am is  one among  my office circle to provide great support and inspiration for doing more and more cake  experiments. Once,  I was very crazy to make fondant icing and also very confused...but she had a good solution for me.




My heartfelt gratitude to my brother in law, Vineeth achachan for gifting me Wilton's Decorating Items.




The bottom layer is a red velvet cake and I'm very delightful to share the recipe of the cake in Razi's Space, raaazzzfoodlove. Sorry that I'm late to do this. Razi's blog is so lovely that she has a wide variety of veg and nonveg recipes.....that too within a short span........ When she invited me to write a guest post, I was  keyed up with overwhelmed glee asking myself  me...? (surprised with a wide opened mouth). Thanx a lot Razi for your lovely words.





Here is the "Thank You note" given by Razi.



The top layer is Devil's food cake and the yellow flowers are mascarpone frosting, blue and pink are made from buttercream. I used Wilton's icing colors and tip 1 M and  22



In Kerala, we are advised to use our power efficiently. I cannot do anything during the day time, as I'm a working mom and I admit that I'm not that good in time management. So started cake baking at 10:00 pm. Since cake baking is very interesting and electrifying for me, I had enough energy and enthusiasm to work on it even in the long hours of night. After doing the cake I refrigerated it and given her the very next day.




It would bring you double or triple bliss when you hear some good words after a long session of effort right? Yz I too felt it when Elsakutty told  "Adipoli" (Super....!!!!!!!!!). :-) :-):-)






Labels: , , , , ,